Thursday, August 30, 2007

By any means

John “Iron Curtain” Cavan spent last winter filming various Rome pros and a whole gaggle of French Canadians for Rome’s newest, and first I believe, video “Any Means.” What the title lacks in reference to the former communist bloc the substance of the video easily makes up for. I recently made the trek to Vermont for the first ever screening of “Any Means” held at an abandoned ski area on the backside of Magic Mountain. The site was perfect. Mini ramp; live bands; some rail/ice cube jib thing, the Snowboarder Mag RV, big giant movie screen, tents, coolers, more tents. As was expected the video is a must see. Great intro; great music; and great riding. I’m guessing that the end is just as great as the beginning because about half way through the video I unfortunately lost most of my memory. What little I remember is confined to (1) a lot of kids wearing basketball jerseys congregating around a ten-foot section of ice cubes; (2) some tall hot girl skating the mini ramp; and (3) Koval’s portable “Ass Lab”. The last thing I remember is falling asleep in the unreclined front seat of my car to the sounds of underage drinking and bonfires. Thank god for Rome, a snowboard company cool enough to realize that San Diego isn’t the center of the snowboard universe. Lex


almost as big as herb's tv


snowboarder mag fed the cool and uncool alike


snowboarder mag fed the cool and uncool alike


tents!


honestly, no idea


Cavan thinks I'm #1


herb pre puke


showtime


burn, burn, burn


prelude to blackout


I hate Herb

No comments: