Friday, January 11, 2008

RIP: Take IVY

This is by far the happiest day of my entire life. I first bought this stupid Take IVY frame here at EB a few years back. I thought it would hold up but it was short lived at 6 month’s. Just as I was going to throw the frame out, my friend and Worcester local Bao Pham decided to take it off my hands for me. He was well aware of its' break, but he said that he would find a way to re-weld it. Little did I know, the next year this would be Bao’s stupid addiction.

This dumb frame was welded an official count of 13 times. Every session would be full of excuses of how the frame was stopping him from learning new tricks. This frame has been thru hell and back and has made me so pissed every time it filled in for an excuse for Bao. This piece of sh*t has been tied together by rope, it's been shrink wrapped, and its even been shoe laced together.

But, its not even like Bao couldn’t get another frame. Ohhhh noooo he’s had an S&M LAF ($315) that was given to him, he had a Fit Series 3 Aitken ($375) that was also bought by him that he wouldn’t ride because it’s too short (see .25”). But now I finally got my hands on it and have had my fun, and now he’s enjoying a brand new 21” Aitken. The pictures you see here are what has really made my day. -Tyler

No comments: